What is the SEIU-USWW Workshare Program?
The SEIU-USWW Workshare Program is a program that your union negotiated with janitorial employers to save jobs during the COVID-19 crisis. Where building owners agree to implement the program, Workshare protects your job by allowing the employer to cut hours by no more than 30% at your worksite instead of laying off employees, provided your employer maintains your health benefits despite the reduction in hours. In addition, you may be eligible to receive a special type of unemployment benefit to help you make up the lost income.
Workshare Program Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Workshare Program
- Step-by-step guides and videos on how to fill out Workshare claims forms
- Video of an overview of the Workshare Program
- An instructional video on how to use Zoom
- Additional resources for USWW members during the COVID-19 crisis
- Join USWW’s weekly Saturday Zoom call to learn more about Workshare (see info below)
- If you have reviewed all of these resources, contacted your union representative/organizer, and still have questions about the program, call the Building Skills Partnership Hotline with your questions (see info below)