This is Francisco Mariano- I’m a Menzies employee at LAX and member of our bargaining committee.
Good news! We have a tentative agreement on our new contract for Menzies workers at SFO and LAX. It’s been a long time coming and we want to thank all of you for hanging in there with us. Now it’s your turn of give the final vote to ratify the contract.
The dates and times to vote are:
- Tuesday June 25th, 1pm-6pm at T6 break room
- Wednesday June 26th, 1-5pm and 8pm-10pm at Warehouse break room
- Thursday June 27th, 1pm-6pm at TBIT break room
Wage details for the tentative agreement:
- Employer will continue the practice of paying GSE mechanics no less than double the California minimum wage as required by law.
- Cargo Runners, Laboratory Agents, and Tow Drivers are paid as leads according to their years of service. See leads pay scales below.
- Other job classes see Regular Employees scales below.
- Everyone will get 3 additional holidays annually: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, and Labor Day.